MIU Admission Requirements
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
The admission to undergraduate programs depends on satisfactory result in MIU’s admission test held approximately four weeks before beginning of each semester.
- For BBA, CSE, ECE, BA(Hons) in English, Bachelor of Journalism and Media Studies, Bachelor of Pharmacy & LLB:
- At least GPA 2.5 or Second Division both SSC & HSC and “A” Level in two subjects with minimum average grade “C” of US High School Diploma or equivalent.(CSE & ECE applicants must have physics & math, and Pharmacy applicants must have chemistry at HSC or equivalent levels). or
- At least GPA 6.00 (combined, but score less than GPA 2.00 in any individual examination is not acceptable) in SSC, HSC or equivalent examination.
- For MBA, MA in English: At least graduation from any discipline having 7 points or over all GPA 2.5
The minimum qualifications for admission test are:
- At least GPA 2.5 or 2 second divisions at S.S.C. and H.S.C., or
- Equivalent degrees from Madrasah Education Board, or
- Minimum grade C in two subjects at A-level (Physics and Math required for CSE) and 5 GCE O-level subjects
- US high school diploma or equivalent
The admission test may be waived for an applicant having a score of 1100 or more in SAT. students with TOEFL scores of 500 or above are exempted from taking the English section of the admission test.
Students who wish to transfer to MIU from other institutions should also fill out the admission form and submit their official transcripts. MIU requires a minimum 2.5 GPA in an applicant’s previous academic record. Official transcripts should be sent directly to the Registrar’s Office. A candidate’s eligibility to transfer will be decided by the departmental academic committee on the basis of merit and other academic considerations.
MIU Admission Procedure
Individuals interested in seeking admission in MIU should contact the Office of the Admission for application forms. Catalogs and application forms for admission to different Programs of the university are available in MIU Gulshan main campus and MIU Ashulia campus. A properly filled out application with a bank draft of Taka 500.00 (US$ 10.00) should be forwarded to the Registrar’s Office.
Students can also apply through MIU web page at: admission.manarat.ac.bd. For additional information, please contact the admission office.
Admission and Information Office of MIU
Plot#CEN-16, Road # 106
Phone: 02-55060025, 02-9862251, 02-58817525
Mobile: 01780364414, 01709126394
Ashulia Permanent Campus:
Ashulia Model Town,
Mobile: 01780364415, 01700623589, 01819245895