Undergraduate Admission Requirements
The admission to undergraduate programs depends on satisfactory result in MIU’s admission test held approximately four weeks before beginning of each semester.
- For BBA, CSE, ECE, BA(Hons) in English, Bachelor of Journalism and Media Studies, Bachelor of Pharmacy & LLB:
- At least GPA 2.5 or Second Division both SSC & HSC and “A” Level in two subjects with minimum average grade “C” of US High School Diploma or equivalent.(CSE & ECE applicants must have physics & math, and Pharmacy applicants must have chemistry at HSC or equivalent levels). or
- At least GPA 6.00 (combined, but score less than GPA 2.00 in any individual examination is not acceptable) in SSC, HSC or equivalent examination.
- For MBA, MA in English: At least graduation from any discipline having 7 points or over all GPA 2.5
The minimum qualifications for admission test are:
- At least GPA 2.5 or 2 second divisions at S.S.C. and H.S.C. or
- Equivalent degrees from Madrasah Education Board, or
- Minimum grade C in two subjects at A-level (Physics and Math required for CSE) and 5 GCE O-level subjects, or
- US high school diploma or equivalent
The admission test may be waived for an applicant having a score of 1100 or more in SAT. students with TOEFL scores of 500 or above are exempted from taking the English section of the admission test.
Students who wish to transfer to MIU from other institutions should also fill out the admission form and submit their official transcripts. MIU requires a minimum 2.5 GPA in an applicant’s previous academic record. Official transcripts should be sent directly to the Registrar’s Office. A candidate’s eligibility to transfer will be decided by the departmental academic committee on the basis of merit and other academic considerations.